Furr & Henshaw is committed to seeking justice for our clients and are also invested in our community. We are extremely proud of our firm’s involvement in our communities and our dedication to protecting consumers’ legal rights. Our attorneys and staff have dedicated their time and talents in an effort to improve the community and the lives of those less fortunate. Our firm has been involved with Myrtle Beach and surrounding areas for many years and we continue to give back to our neighbors through community projects.
Furr & Henshaw is proud to support the community by being the sponsor for the Trenholm Lady Warriors, our Coaches Pitch Softball team. Congratulations to the team for winning the 2015 State Championship City Championship!
- Blood Drive Sponsor along with WMBF-TV on March 30 & 31, 2011.
- Area 7 Special Olympics
Friday Dress-Down Day
For $1.00, staff members of Furr & Henshaw can “dress down” by wearing jeans, shorts, t-shirts or sweatshirts. Participants donate their dollar to the community service money jar. At the end of the year, staff members choose a charitable cause in which to donate to, either an organization or a local family in need for the holidays. Each year, the staff’s donations are matched by Furr & Henshaw. Past donations include:
- Several local families
- Green Sea Floyd Headstart Program
- Local Nursing Homes
- Horry County Salvation Army – Hurricane Floyd Flood Relief
- United Service Organizations, Inc. (USO) – donation to provide calling cards to our troops overseas
- Twice donated to North Myrtle Beach “Canine Angels”- They provide service dogs for Vets with PTSD
“A Special Halloween (Barrier Free Trick-or Treating for Special Needs Children)”
- For several years, Furr & Henshaw staff members brought their Halloween spirit to the Holiday Inn West in Myrtle Beach to hand out candy and prizes to make Halloween a safe and joyful time for special needs children.
Community Law Week
- For several years, the firm of Furr & Henshaw, along with their families and friends, participated in a charity softball tournament to benefit the Waccamaw Youth Center.
- In the fourth annual tournament, Furr’s Med Mauler’s (Furr & Henshaw) took home the trophy and raised $1,869.00 in one day to help support the youth center.
- Furr & Henshaw supports the American Heart Association and was awarded a 2010 Certificate of Recognition and 2011 Certificate of Recognition.
- Furr & Henshaw was a Platinum sponsor of the Inaugural Charity Golf Tournament benefiting The Therapy Place, which provides traditional and innovative therapies and recreational opportunities for the special needs child in an environment that is family-friendly. For more information, please visit their website with the link above.
- Furr & Henshaw was a proud sponsor of the Safety on Wheels Clinic held by Grand Strand Optimist Club Furr & Henshaw sponsors many different local area middle and high schools Mock Trial events.
- Furr & Henshaw is also an avid sponsor of Wings for Children and Angel Flight, organizations founded by O. Fayrell Furr’s wife (Karole Jensen). For more information, please visit the respective website with the links above.
- Wings for Children is a state-wide child advocacy organization that monitors state agencies charged with helping children who are abused, abandoned or stolen.
- Angel Flight arranges free air transportation for any legitimate, charitable, medically related need.
Help Find Brittanee Drexel
- Furr & Henshaw have been actively involved in the effort to find Brittanee Drexel who disappeared on April 25, 2009 from Myrtle Beach, SC. For more information, please visit the official website to Help Find Brittanee Drexel.
- Attorneys at Furr & Henshaw participate in a telethon in which individuals can call and receive free legal advice.